Thursday, August 7, 2008

Departure Of My Dearest Grandmother



How abrupt this demise happened..
No one expected it...
I lost yet another grandparent...

On 7th August 2008, 7.17pm, my beloved grandmother, Seah Leng Chuan left us forever.
Sigh.. I'm just so saddened that I can't write.
Was very close with her but she has now departed.
Chinese New Years will never be the same without her famous dishes.
Our house will never be as cheerful without her sweet voice.

But this is the circle of life.
One comes, one goes.
I will thoroughly treasure those priceless moments we had 2gether.
I will be leavin for Perak on friday and I don't know when exactly I will be back.
Her funeral will be held on the Sunday.
My relatives were by her side when she breathed for the last time in Perak.
My grandfather said she left peacefully without any struggle.
Just this afternoon, my mom and youngest sister, Ashley, called my granma.
My mum told my grandma to wait for us as we were comin down to Perak on Saturday evening and Ashley even told her "wo ai ni".

She stayed in my house for 3months when she was diagnosed with liver cancer. And just on wednesday she was sent back to Perak using an ambulance as it was her last hope to be in Perak.
Who knew that day when she left for Perak would be the last time I would see her, touch her, talk to her.

Sigh.. tears just won't come out anymore.
We were all looking forward to Saturday's trip back to Perak. But now, we will be there not to visit her but to attend her funeral.
I still remembered the golden times when she would teach Aileen and I hokkien folk songs and share problems with us.
She sometimes even buy reload cards for us and will always call Aileen every afternoon.
Aileen definitely felt the loss the most as she is very very close and attached with my grandmother.

Oh why oh why.

I guess I better sign off now. Will finish up my birthday post soon as there are many videos and pictures to upload.
Will be away for a few days at least.
R.I.P Seah Leng Chuan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

owh..don be sad audrey. sorry to hear *see* that from your blog. May she rest in peace.

Kin Kit ツ said...

Condolences to ur Beloved. Don't be sad Audz :) She left without struggle, memories of her can be kept till u see her 1day in the future :)

Winternite said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and sorry that this is late.

From the words of my grandaunt when my own grandma passed away,:
"She's no longer suffering, but don't let her see you suffer by her absence. Move on, but never forget."

Rui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rui said...

i feel vy sorry for u audrey.. chinese new year 2008 was my first time meeting her... but i didn't expect it to be the last. take care audrey... n vy sorry...i didn't know abt it until u send me a messege on sunday.... i am, too, sadden...... i miss her forever...

*sanguinist* said...

thank u guys so much for ur concern!
love u guys! so touched! muaxx